Sunday, August 3, 2008

Barack Obama * The Black Community

News and Politics


First it was Jesse Jackson and his crazy comments, about cutting Obama's nuts off for possibly alienating himself from the black community and now just recently, three black protestors gave Barack Obama heat for not addressing black issues enough. This just happened in St. Petersburg, Florida.

I have had some heated discussions with my middle aged uncle, who is 68 years old, about Barack Obama. He says, what is Obama going to do for the black community. "Nothing" my uncle says. I simply roll my eyes, and say that he is not running for the United NEGRO STATES of America here, he is running for the UNITED States of America.

I always say that we are not in the 60's or 70's, and I am not saying racism and discrimination is over. I still see it.. But I definitely think things have improved and if you work hard and maitain your goals, there isn't anything you cannot do or accomplish in your life without hard work, perserverance and focus.

That is my two sense.

Here is the video


No comments: